To be successful in a digital world with so much demand and supply, it is important that our website is attractive to position ourselves with respect to the competition. A good web design has an impact on the functionality and user experience of your website, it also helps to make it easy to understand the message at first glance.
For this you can count on the support of web design agencies, you may be interested in 5 reasons why you need a graphic design agency.
If you want to know more, in this article you will find some web design tips that will help you create an amazing and successful website, take note!
1. Create easy-to-read web content
When the content of your web page is easy to read, users can scan it or do a quick read without so much effort. This makes learning web content more convenient and improves the user experience.
To make your page linguistically readable, apply these rules:
- Large font size: Most people find it hard to read small fonts. Therefore, in body text, use a font size of at least 16pt.
- Contrast: A good contrast between the text color and the background color is important for the readability of your content and the accessibility of your page. Since the color palette of your website will most likely be reminiscent of your brand colors, make sure there is sufficient contrast between the elements on the page.
- Limit the number of fonts: do not use more than three different fonts on the same web page. In some projects the combination of fonts may be justified, but using too many can convey a chaotic image and dilute your brand identity.
- Typeface: A multitude of typefaces are available. You can choose between serif fonts (with ornaments in the finish, such as Times New Roman) and sans serif fonts (composed of single lines).
- Use text themes: Make sure there is a variety of size and thickness in the written content of your web page. For example: a large title, small subtitles, even smaller paragraphs, etc. This web design tip is very useful for capturing the reader’s attention in one way or another.
2. Minimalist and organized home page
Minimalist websites are designed in a way that exemplifies a less-is-more approach, offering a better user experience in an easy and clean way. Minimalism favors professional, well-designed websites with a clean look and feel. Typically, this includes a simple color palette, spare but bold typography, few competing elements, and a single focal point.
The less there is to read or remember on your website, the easier it will be to assimilate your web content. The following tips will help you better distribute your content to make your home page design more attractive, clean and organized:
- Put the important content in the top half: your visitors should instantly understand what your web page is about without scrolling or clicking anywhere.
- Add images: high quality visual elements do wonders to communicate your message.
- Keep distance in your content: use white space between elements. By leaving ’empty’ areas of content, your design gains in harmony and space.
- Include calls to action: place call-to-action buttons on your home page to encourage your visitors to take an action, whether it’s buying or subscribing.
3. Ensure the navigability of your site
It is essential that users can easily find what they are looking for on your website. In addition, a page with a good navigation improves the user experience and helps search engines index your content.
To improve navigability, you can put these tips into practice:
- Take care of your menu: Your website’s menu should be noticeable and easy to find. Also make sure it is structured according to the importance of each section.
- Link your logo to the home page: This design tip is a common practice that your visitors expect to see on your home page. If you don’t already have one, we recommend you create a logo to reinforce your brand. If you have no idea what the trends in logos are, you might be interested in reading The 10 Trends in Logos for 2023.
- Offer some vertical navigation: If your web page is long scrolling, such as a single page website, use an anchor menu. With a single click, users will be able to jump from one section to another quickly.
- Work on your footer: Your footer is probably the last thing that will be seen on your website, and it is convenient to place your most important links there. You can include your contact information, social media icons and a condensed version of your menu.
4. Apply visual hierarchy in your design
Visual hierarchy is an important design principle that helps present content clearly and effectively.
If you apply it correctly, you can direct visitors’ attention to certain elements on your page according to their priority and starting with the most important one.
Here are the main elements of visual hierarchy:
- Alignment: Use the right web design pattern to direct your visitors’ eyes in the direction that interests you.
- Size and thickness: Highlight your most important information, increasing its size and visually reinforcing its visibility. By nature, readers tend to be more attracted first to large, bold titles and then to smaller text.
We are sure that these tips will help you create a more effective and eye-catching website.
If you need a graphic design agency, do not hesitate to contact us. We design end-to-end projects, according to your corporate needs, and deliver visuals and graphic assets.
Also, we recruit and assign amazing people according to your corporate needs, to work exclusively for your project.