The world is changing and one of the biggest drivers of these transformations is technology. That’s why incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) may be the smartest thing you do for the benefit of your business.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the clearest trends in business today. It will help you bring great benefits, both economically and by increasing the productivity of the organization and helping human staff in their work.
Read on if you are interested in learning more about artificial intelligence trends and answering the questions of How is AI applied and what advantages does it have for an organization?
What is artificial intelligence (AI)?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the field of computer science dedicated to solving cognitive problems commonly associated with human intelligence, such as learning, problem solving and pattern recognition. In other words, it is the basis on which human intelligence processes are mimicked through the creation and application of algorithms created in a dynamic computing environment.
4 trends in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
1. The regularization of artificial intelligence and how it will affect companies.
Regularization is an important and effective technology for reducing generalization errors in machine learning. The adoption of this technology is increasing, so it is normal that it becomes a regulated sector, with laws that could affect the use of this technology by the business sector.
2. Machine learning will be supported by operationalization tools
Machine learning is a method that today all companies around the world are adopting to automate and optimize their digital transformation strategies.
Due to the above, there have been certain challenges for artificial intelligence to keep up with what each company needs in their projects, and ML operationalization tools or MLOps have been the quick and effective solution to this problem.
3. Language models
Artificial intelligence is used to understand language. These are technologies that learn and understand the language by ingesting a huge amount of text and thus build a statistical model comprising probability of related sentences or paragraphs.
4. Multimodal learning
Multimodal AI systems are characterized by processing multiple data sets of different types using learning-based methods to provide more accurate, truthful and intelligent information. Put another way, multimodal learning is able to consolidate independent data from multiple AI devices into a single model and make predictions automatically.
Application of artificial intelligence in companies
Artificial intelligence can be very useful in the business world. These are some of its applications:
1. Process automation
The application of artificial intelligence in companies can help automate processes. Through the use of intelligent machines, many tasks that were previously performed manually can now be programmed and carried out in less time and with fewer resources.
2. Supporting human teams
Artificial intelligence systems can assist employees and support them in some tasks. After a study and analysis of the environment, AI equipment can provide valuable information to workers.
After a study and analysis of the environment, AI teams can provide workers with valuable information. One example is dealing directly with customers. Robots analyze different aspects of customers and establish profiles to then make recommendations and proposals to human managers.
3. Data analysis
In the midst of the big data boom, companies are working with large amounts of data from which they can obtain very interesting information. To do this, some organizations use IT systems that manage, classify and analyze unstructured data.
4. Customer Support
Nowadays, chatbots for eCommerce are very common, since it is a tool that allows streamlining the conversation with potential customers through automation. In this way, they offer a complete and real-time virtual support service. Much of the efforts of some companies are focused on perfecting their digital customer service tools.
Advantages of using artificial intelligence
If we focus on the business sector, these are the main advantages of using this technology:
- Learning from errors: Thanks to machine learning, computer systems register errors and ensure that they are not repeated in future processes.
- Automate processes: Artificial Intelligence allows robots to perform repetitive, routine and process optimization tasks automatically and without human intervention.
- More innovation: Thanks to the time savings from the use of AI systems, companies have more time and financial resources to devote to other tasks such as innovation. This creates an ecosystem in which machines or virtual employees are dedicated to the more monotonous tasks while the human team focuses on the more creative area.
- Improved decision making: By having more information available in a structured way, it allows each decision-maker to make decisions more quickly and efficiently.
- Increased productivity: AI increases worker productivity and the quality of the work they do. Having more information at their disposal allows them to have a more focused view of their work.
Artificial intelligence is already a reality today. It is present in many sectors such as the education sector, the medical sector and the business sector.
The implementation of Artificial Intelligence will make your company more efficient and give you the competitive advantage you are looking for.
If you need help, don’t hesitate to contact us! Let’s discuss your project and work together on something awesome.