Social media plays a very important role in a company’s inbound marketing strategy. It may seem that TikTok is just a platform for mini comedy videos and choreography. However, the reality is that integrating it into the Inbound marketing strategy is a great option for brands.
TikTok is a platform with over a billion active users, making it the perfect place to see and be seen. In short, it is a unique opportunity for brands to interact with the audience in a completely different way.
Inbound is a Digital Marketing methodology that aims to accompany the user from the beginning to the end of the buying process. Implementing inbound marketing strategies in your business will help you increase visits to your website, increase the audience interested in your brand and boost your sales.
In this article we tell you why you should consider having a presence on TikTok and give you some tips on how to integrate it into your inbound marketing strategy. Take note!
How to use TikTok for business
1. Step 1: Create a company account on TikTok
- Download and open the TikTok application.
- Create a new personal account. To log in, you can use your email address or your Google, Twitter or Facebook account.
- Tap Profile in the lower right corner and then tap Edit profile. Here you can add a profile picture and short description, as well as a link to other social networks.
- To switch to a company account, tap the three stripes in the upper right corner on your profile and select Settings & privacy. Once on the settings and privacy screen, tap Manage account.
- Tap Switch to company account.
- Now choose the category that best describes your brand and tap Next.
- Add a website and email address to your profile.
Congratulations, you now have a new business account on TikTok!
2. Step 2: Create a TikTok strategy
Even if you are a marketing crack on Instagram or Facebook, it does not guarantee that you will succeed on TikTok, as it is a totally different world, which requires a specific action plan.
Let’s take a look at everything you need to keep in mind to develop an effective strategy.
- Get familiar with TikTok
You need to know the TikTok platform very well before planning a strategy. Take the time to explore it, browse the videos on the For You page, play with the editing functions, filters, effects and dance trends.
- Understands the TikTok algorithm
There is no magic trick to get visibility and followers on this social network, but knowing how its algorithm works will help you achieve your goals.
- Meet the stars of TikTok
TikTok stars have traded their fame not only with lucrative sponsorships, but also with their participation in reality shows, movies and ventures. Every industry has its own stars, so be sure to identify which celebrities are on the rise if you want to involve them in your strategy.
- Identify your target audience
Know your audience before you upload your first video. While TikTok is extremely popular with teens and Generation Z, other demographics have also joined the video craze.
- Establish goals and objectives
Once you’ve gathered all this information, it’s time to set some goals. Try to define your SMART Goals to ensure that your objectives are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and timely.
- Create a content calendar
Creating a content calendar for TikTok helps ensure that important dates are not forgotten and that time can be allocated for creative production.
3. Optimize your TikTok profile
- Be meticulous with your profile picture
Make sure your profile picture looks good and represents your brand. Ideally, it should visually connect your TikTok account with your other digital platforms, either by using the same logo or the same colors so that it is clear that it is part of the same brand.
- Write a short and engaging bio
Your TikTok description should be to the point and include a call to action (CTA). If appropriate, use an emoji for your brand voice.
- Choose your URL wisely
It all depends on your strategic goals. It can be a link to your sales site, another social media account, or a blog post.
4. Engage your audience
Here are some ideas to engage your audience and attract new followers to your social network:
- Try live interactive videos.
- Comment on and “like” content from other TikTok accounts.
- Experiment with questions and polls.
- Respond to questions and comments.
- Practice social listening to make sure you are up to date with trending topics in your TikTok community.
5. Analyze your statistics
Take an objective look at how you’re doing: How are your reach and engagement metrics doing? Are those informative videos working? Who is watching and following your content?
TikTok’s statistics tool offers you very interesting information and metrics to help you decide your next steps.
Benefits of TikTok for your brand
This application has some particularities that differentiate it from its competitors and that, depending on your business niche and the audience you want to target, can be very useful to enhance your brand.
1. Reaching young audiences
If your brand’s target audience is young people, TikTok can be of great help to increase your visibility.
However, although the 12-24 age group is the main user of this social network, over time more and more people from other age groups have joined.
2. Mobile Marketing Booster
As TikTok is an application that is used on cell phones by practically all users, this social network can be a very important element in your mobile marketing strategy.
3. Viralization capacity
TikTok allows you to be as creative as you want and achieve a great viralization through videos in which you transmit your brand image in an innovative way. Authenticity and quality will be key to achieve this.
Have we convinced you to create a TikTok account for your company? You already have everything you need to open your TikTok account and start exploring all the opportunities that this amazing platform has to offer your brand.